This recipe is great because you can use frozen chicken breasts and the next day you can make the best quesadillas with the leftovers.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 (10 oz.) can Rotel Original
- 1 packet or 5 T. taco seasoning
- 1/3 C. chicken broth
- soft flour or corn tortillas (I prefer flour)
- 2 avocados or 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Wholly Guacamole
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- Colby Jack cheese or Mexican cheese, shredded
- sour cream
Place chicken breasts in Crock Pot. Mix Rotel, chicken broth and taco seasoning. Pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours or 3-4 hours if chicken is thawed. Remove chicken leaving juices in the Crock Pot. Shred chicken with two forks, put it back in the Crock Pot and stir. Warm black beans then drain. Mash with a fork, leaving the mixture chunky. Scoop out the contents of avocado and mash, leaving mixture chunky (I prefer Wholly Guacamole). Mix mashed beans and avocado spreading evenly on warm tortillas. I do all of this on my pancake griddle set to medium heat. Sprinkle with cheese (yes, before you add the chicken!) then add a scoop of chicken mixture and a bit of sour cream. Serves 5-6.